As we are on the brink of the most wonderful time of year, it can be a very exciting but also very scary time! Take the time out to double and triple check our list of holiday safety tips to optimize your family's safety this holiday season!
1. Watch out for small kids and distracted drivers in parking lots that are busier than usual during the holidays.
2. If your child’s heart is set on a bike, skateboard or scooter this
holiday season, be sure to include a helmet to keep them safe while
they’re having fun.
3. Consider your child’s age when purchasing a toy or game this holiday season. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure the gift is just right.
4. Keep a special eye on small pieces, including button batteries that
may be included in electronic toys. While these kinds of games are
great for older kids, they can pose a potential danger for younger,
5. Keep holiday candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can
burn, and don’t forget to blow them out when you leave the room or
before you go to sleep.
6. If you are planning to travel during the holiday season, be sure to keep
your travel plans off your social media networks. Never post where you
are going, when you are leaving, or when you will be back. This is prime
information for a thief because he will know when your house will be
7. You probably want to keep gifts out of sight from children, but you should also make sure gifts are hidden from a potential burglar as well.
Putting pretty wrapped gifts under the Christmas tree looks nice, but
it’s also an open invitation for a burglar. Try to keep your Christmas
tree, with gifts underneath, away from windows or other places with a