- Walk to the bus stop and wait with them until it arrives. Make sure drivers can see the kids at your bus stop.
- Stand at least three giant steps back from the curb as the bus approaches and board the bus one at a time.
- Wait for the school bus to come to a complete stop before getting off and not to walk behind the bus.
- If a child needs to cross the street after exiting the bus, he or she should take five giant steps in front of the bus, make eye contact with the bus driver and cross when the driver indicates it’s safe. Teach kids to look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
- Use the handrails when boarding or exiting the bus. Be careful of straps or drawstrings that could get caught in the door. If a child drops something, they should tell the bus driver and make sure the bus driver is able to see them before they pick it up.
|Enjoying the school bus visit!|
|All smiles for the school bus!|
|rising kindergartners on the school bus!|